Welcome to all peoples to know about the Nelson Mandela Day 2023: History, Wishes SMS, Quotes, Messages & Pictures. Every year a large number of people in the world celebrate this day with due so respected. Nelson Mandela International Day, also known as Mandela Day, is held on July 18 each year. The day remembers Mandela’s achievements in working towards conflict resolution, democracy, human rights, peace, and reconciliation. Nelson Mandela Day not only celebrates Nelson Mandela’s life, but it is also a global call to action for people to recognize their ability to have a positive effect on others around them. Mandela Day celebrated on July 18, is an annual international day adopted by the United Nations.
“It is time for the next generations to continue our struggle against social injustice and for the rights of humanity. It is in your hands.”
“What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.”
– Nelson Mandela
Nelson Mandela was born in Transkei, South Africa, on July 18, 1918. He is one of the most well-known anti-apartheid activists in South Africa. Mandela’s prisoner number was 466 and the year was 1963 when he was imprisoned on Robben Island, off Cape Town in South Africa. The Robben Island prisoners were never referred to by their names, but rather by their numbers and year of imprisonment – hence 46664 was Nelson Mandela’s number. Nelson Mandela died at his home in Johannesburg on December 5, 2013.
Nelson Mandela Day 2023 Best Inspirational Quotes
- “Difficulties break some men but make others. No axe is sharp enough to cut the soul of a sinner who keeps on trying, one armed with the hope that he will rise even in the end.”
- “I am fundamentally an optimist. Whether that comes from nature or nurture, I cannot say. Part of being optimistic is keeping one’s head pointed toward the sun, one’s feet moving forward.
- “There were many dark moments when my faith in humanity was sorely tested, but I would not and could not give myself up to despair. That way lays defeat and death.”
- “Real leaders must be ready to sacrifice all for the freedom of their people.”
- I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.”
- “Everyone can rise above their circumstances and achieve success if they are dedicated to and passionate about what they do.”
- Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.
- When a man has done what he considers to be his duty to his people and his country, he can rest in peace.
- “A fundamental concern for others in our individual and community lives would go a long way in making the world the better place we so passionately dreamt of.”
Nelson Mandela Day 2023 Messages
- Your playing small does not serve the world. Who are you not to be great?
- Forgiveness liberates the soul. It removes fear. That is why it is such a powerful weapon.
- There can be no greater gift than that of giving one’s time and energy to help others without expecting anything in return.
- It is what we make out of what we have, not what we are given, that separates one person from another.
- Lead from the back — and let others believe they are in front.
- Fools multiply when wise men are silent.
- You can start changing our world for the better daily, no matter how small the action.
- As we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
- May your choices reflect your hopes, not your fears.
- The greatest glory in living is not in falling, but in rising every time we fall.
- A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination.
- While poverty persists, there is no true freedom
- After climbing a great hill. One only finds that there are many more hills to climb.
- I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.
- Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
- Real leaders must be ready to sacrifice all for the freedom of their people.
- Action without vision is only passing time, vision without action is merely day dreaming, but vision with action can change the world.
- Sometimes, it falls upon a generation to be great. You can be that great generation. Let your greatness blossom.
- Poverty is not an accident. Like slavery and apartheid, it is man-made and can be removed by the actions of human beings..
- When a man is denied the right to live the life he believes in, he has no choice but to become an outlaw.
We hope all country peoples have got more information to know about the Nelson Mandela Day 2023 Messages, Wishes, Quotes, Images. If you want to know more, just comment the box. Thanks to all for being with us.